Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 1… of the 100

Today we started the 100.  So far I am feeling good.  I am not hungry nor do I feel like I have deprived myself.  For me personally, I can't do a traditional diet because I don't have enough self control to starve myself or restrictive myself completely.  It's just not in my DNA… I have to have some balance. 

Out breakfast: 
1 skinny muffin with butter, with coffee and half-n-half.  
* The skinny muffin is interesting.  I tried to convince myself that it was good, but I am afraid it isn't. 
The Skinny Muffin
1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp  baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon powder (we used ground cinnamon)
 1 tsp coconut oil
1 egg
1 packet Stevia/Truvia
Mix all ingredients together in a coffee mug.  Microwave for 50 seconds.

Snack:
1 string cheese

Lunch: 
2 cups lettuce tossed in 2 Tbsp Caesar dressing with 5 grilled shrimp and 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
* This salad was AMAZING!!  I have eaten low calorie or low fat dressings for years, I did not know what I was missing!  SO GOOD!! I actually licked my bowl… gross I know.   I did turn my office chair so no one would see me!  :) 

Snack: 
(wasn't even hungry, but wanted to stick to the menu)
1 slice deli turkey & 1 slice America cheese

Supper (Dinner):
1 grilled flank steak, cut into strips, tossed with 2 cups spinach, 5 cherry tomatoes and Blue Cheese dressing. 
* I shop at Aldi, so I often don't have that large of a selection… instead of flank steak, we used top round, seasoned it with 'steak seasoning' and it was TO DIE FOR!!  SO good! 

So here I sit, snuggled in my bed and feeling really good about the day.   I have the coffee pot set to brew at 5:05, I have the red pepper chopped for tomorrows breakfast and Tater and I got our lunches ready to go.  It is so much easier to something like this when you have a partner to do it with!  THANK you Nathan!  :) 


1 comment:

  1. So happy for you!!! That salad sounds amazing too! Great to hear Nate is supporting you and doing it with you.

    ReplyDelete